Monday 30 July 2012

"Getting my Hair to Act Right"

My Hair-care Regimen

READ MORE

Moisturize and Seal 1ce a day


Section my hair into 4, apply a small portion of my Herbal essences beautiful ends to each section and then I seal with extra virgin olive oil by applying a small amount of the oil to the moisturised sections.

I use my HE beautiful ends as a leave-in and as my daily moisturiser especially when the weather is hot

Co-wash (1ce a week)


Simply put, this is washing the hair with just conditioner it adds moisture to the hair and keeps the scalp clean without stripping essential oils from the hair.

It is more economical to you use a cheap conditioner for your co-washes, my conditioner right now is the VO5 "Give me moisture"



Use a sulphate-free shampoo (Shampoo 1ce a week)


I shampoo with Organix Argan oil Shampoo, washes like a conditioner and doesn’t dry out my hair

Clarify (1ce every 6 weeks)

I clarify with ORS Creamy Aloe vera shampoo


Deep Condition (1ce a week)


After washing with shampoo, apply conditioner, cover hair with a plastic baggy and leave in for 30 minutes- 1 hour usually longer. My DC is a mix that I make using some natural products, but there are some good ones you can get off the shelf; Herbal Essences have a range of hair masks that are great.


Protein (1ce every 6 weeks)
Have fun with concocting your own hair-mask or buy one from the store, it can start from anything simple to a grandiose mix of food items from your fridge. Avocado, Eggs, real Mayonnaise, olive oil, unsweetened yoghurt, bananas, honey, mixing any of this will restore protein to your hair. Only do protein once a month or as needed.
For my heavy protein that I do once a month, I do Aphogee 2-step treatment or a mix of eggs and olive oil

Finally be consistent, building a regimen can help with consistency. You can use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the buildup once a month and don’t be afraid to experiment after doing research and knowing what your hair likes.

Annoyingly like everything that has to do with the body, e.g. weight loss, it takes some time. So track your progress and stick with it……


Style
I hardly flat iron my hair, I mostly do braid outs or put in rollers
Braid outs or Twist outs, (Braiding hair while wet, then taking them out when
they are dry)

Air-Dry
I air-dry my hair 95% of the time in the style I intend to wear my hair the next day



Here is what my week look likes;
Sunday
  1. I wash with my Organix shampoo
  2. Deep Condition with my mix
  3. Rinse out then use a towel or t-shirt to remove excess water
  4. Put in my leave-in conditioners, Herbal Essences Beautiful ends and Cantu Shea Butter Leave in
  5. Style and Air-Dry

Wednesday
Co-wash with VO5
Then repeat steps 3, 4 and 5


Daily
Every night I moisturize and Seal and style my hair for the next day putting in flexi-rods or whatever else I feel like 

On the sundays where I clarify, I use my aphogee 2 step treatment before I deep condition. 

I am pretty sure this sounds like a lot of work but it becomes easier once you get used to it and when you start seeing results 


No comments:

Post a Comment