Sunday 18 November 2012

Deep Conditioner Review: TREsemme Keratin Smooth Masqe

I have been on the lookout for a great store-bought DC cause the main ingredients of my homemade deepconditioner (Aloe Vera and Shea Butter) have finished, so last week when I popped into Superdrug and noticed that they had a number of promotions going on, I decided to try something new. I ended up getting products from the Tresemme Keratin line; the hair Masque and the Conditioner and mostly because they were half off.
READ MORE

I had been using Herbal Essences Beautiful ends DC, it was alright and I didn't think I was missing much I mean my hair felt soft and more manageable after I DCd so no complaints really. I mainly got these products because I love a good bargain not really because of the whole Keratin hype. That being said here's my review of the Hair Masque




TREsemme Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Masque




Description

RRP:  £ 5.99 but Superdrug is currently selling it for £ 2.95 for 300ml, which is good value for the price I paid, this product is designed to help you tame frizz.  It has a very strong scent and I feel like in the shower I could smell just a tiny hint of an ammoiniaish scent (but it could just be the "power of suggestion" (keratin=protein=ammonia #nerdmoment). Even days after, the scent is still there so if you don't like fragrance this may not be for you.



What I like


  • When I put it in my hair it slicked the hell out of it! like It made my hair sooooo flat; like it tamed it! I have a lot of hair and this results in big here sometimes but after this I was like waaat?! where has my hair gone.
  • It claims to eliminate frizz and it definitely did so for me.
  • It is a moisturising conditioner (Aqua is listed as the first ingredient= greatest percentage) and it does have protein in it as well.
  • Even my new growth feels straighter than before and I am 2 months post relaxer, so my NG is quite visible.
  • After I was done my hair was sooo shiny and looked even darker.
  • Even after I washed it out I kept rinsing cause I thought there was still product in my hair; it has a lot of slip to it



What I don't like

I think I really love this conditioner a lot and if I really had to give it negatives, here goes:

  • I think it might be a bit much if your hair is thin cause of how flat it made my hair.
  • I don't know if it was the masque's fault but my hair was quite tangled when I washed it out.



Verdict!!!

I think I will def be stocking up on this especially now that there is an offer running on Superdrug, I think I like it enough to get it for the RRP. My only concern is what happens if I use it weekly? Will the presence of Keratin eventually have adverse effects? I will see how it goes but I think this might become a staple in my regimen.

P.S. I also bought the regular conditioner, but I haven't tried it out. I am thinking at RRP it might not be what I want for my co-wash conditioner.

Those 2 cons are so far speculative as I am not sure of either one, I will update this post if I notice any negatives!

Until then Happy Hair Growing xoxo

3 comments:

  1. hmm. I gave this a miss when I saw the it in boots.

    pls let me know your views on the tangled hair when u do use it again

    i plan to buy one One 'N Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner instead of this TREsemme Keratin Smooth Masqe

    have u used One 'N Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eni, I used it again and it didn't tangle my hair, I will look out for the One 'N Only con, I haven't used it yet thiugh. This is definitely a good buy and your better of getting at Superdrug cause it is much cheaper.

      Delete
  2. I just started using the shampoo, conditioner and the creme serum... I was told that's bad... Is it?

    ReplyDelete