Saturday 27 October 2012

Shampoo Review: Botanics "Intensely Hydrating Shampoo"

So yesterday I needed to wash my hair and realized I had no shampoo left and since I wanted to deep condition as well I went to Boots to get some shampoo. After roaming through the aisles; I saw the boots I was at didn't carry Organix, since I already dragged myself all the way there I just decided to choose something.
READ MORE
I made my choice based on 2 things Price and Content and I got the cheapest sulphate-free shampoo they had!

Which was the Botanics (made by Boots) Intensely Hydrating Shampoo, for normal or dry hair (used to moisturise and strengthen). It costs 3.49 pounds for 250 ml (8.4 Fl. Oz) and it is sulphate-free with no parabens (sulpahtes tend to dry out my hair and parabens are preservatives that may coat your hair). I read the label to see what's in the shampoo and of course I did not know most of it but I did recognise:

  1. Aqua was the first ingredient listed, means it is the highest percentage
  2. It has glycerin (humectant) 
  3. Hyrdolyzed Soy Protein (It improves manageability ans strengthens hair)

Everything else? Yeah I didn't major in chemistry and I am not familiar with these compounds yo!

I used it as I would normally do my washes, section into 4, rinse with warm water, apply shampoo, rinse and then deep condition...

What I liked about it
My hair felt like I had applied a conditioner cause I could run my fingers through!
My hair felt very soft and fluffy after I rinsed it out, even the back of my head where my hair is driest.
I like that after I rinsed my hair out the smell actually became more appealing and the scent lingers
This shampoo actually seems to be hydrating as it claims
Best of all it's sulphate free!!!


What I didn't like about it
While this shampoo felt awesome on my hair, I needed a lot of product cause it didn't lather easily!
I know I got the cheapest SF shampoo but at 3.49 for 250ml , it isn't a bargain and with all the product I needed for yesterday's wash, it doesn't seem like it will last long

Verdict!!!
It is very moisturising and it has a light scent that lingers (but in a good way). It seems like you need to apply a lot to get a decent lather and for the price of this somewhat small bottle, it is not the best bargain. Ironically it says massage into hands to get a rich lather, ummm I massaged into hands, I massaged into hair yet my lather was nowhere near rich!

As it stands it isn't love at 1st wash but until I can get my hands on a different shampoo, I'll be using this. Who knows maybe next time will be better.

Until next time happy hair growing!

4 comments:

  1. Buy and add to my love gifts :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am new to your blog and believe me i have seen many HHJ blogs lol

    The template to your blog isn’t user friendly at all :(
    I wanted to be able to navigate through with ease to find specific product or hair routine without having to go through the entire blog to find it…….in the end i gave up

    I love that you do not use expensive products. just fab. Lord knows i have no intension of buying conditioner for £22!!!

    I couldn’t even find your contact details to send you an email......... double :(

    anyway that’s just a readers feedback but well done on your HHJ and i will be using some of your tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks a lot for your feedback, it was very helpful :). Please share what tips you use and how they work for yo

      Delete