Thursday 29 November 2012

Calling ALL Hair Enthusiasts in Lagos!!!!!!!


Are you a hair product junkie in Lagos? Do you follow a strict hair regimen and are fast running out of your favourite products? Then Tougher Than 9jerian Hair is here to help you. 

Contact us at nigerianmane@gmail.com to let us know what products you would like to top up on and we can take it up from there.

If you are a newbie to all this hair business but would like to care for your hair more (natural or relaxed) then we've also got you covered. We will help you create a REGIMEN KIT that is tailored to your own hair. Please send an email to nigerianmane@gmail.com with a starter kit request as well as the following information to help us source the best products for you.

 1.Hair Type; Relaxed or Natural

 2. Hair Health Test Results; click here for the 3 tests

  • Porosity
  • Shedding
  • Protein/Moisture Content

 3. Preffered Hair Styling;
  • I only wear weaves or Braids
  • I flat iron my hair at least every week
  • I often alternate between extensions and wearing my own hair
  • Or any other styles not mentioned
 4. Current Hair Regimen /Routine (if any)

For tips on starting a regimen click here to read all regimen related posts on this blog

 5. Problem Areas and Hair Goals

We aim to respond to all requests for either starter kits or products top up within 24 hours. For those of you that just want to have a bit of hair banter, questions are most welcome too.  

Happy Hair Growing, 

KBK. 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "hi kbk,
    how are you? i enjoyed your post on breakage, shedding,pre and post relaxer prep. Errr, i just begun my heathy hair journey (september7 2012 precisely). I did a protein treatment after my relaxer process on the above date after then i did a lot of moisturizing, baggying, green house effect. I was so scared of doing a protein treatment bcos of protein overload. I didnt like the way my hair was feeling. It was stretchy and shedding a lot. I then remembered your post about strand test'....i tested my strands and they stretched a lot before snapping and boom! I took the bold step and did a protein treatment today.my hair wasnt hard at all after i rinsed off my eggs and olive oil mix. I just love how my hair feels right now.many ppl dont know that there's something like overmoisturizing''.
    My question is that, how often do you think i should do a protein treatment? Do you think my hair prefers protein to moisture?
    Thanks a bunch and sorry for the epistle! I'm very poor @ expressing myself..
    Stay blessed!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Lolade,
    I do my protein treatments about every 6 weeks or during my relaxer process (I have a post on my blog about that) but just to be on the safe side I play it by ear. When my hair feels tooo stretchy/mushy, I test it before I put protein. In terms of what your hair prefers, other factors like your diet, how often you relax (if you are relaxed), your hair care routine and how your hair is feeling that day would play a part on which you will need more. So I would focus on "listening" to your hair's feelings, some natural girls don't need protein treatments and if you are relaxed the frequency with which you relax will also play a part in how often you will need moisture! Hope That Helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello K.B.K.
    So I did what I was ordered to do ;-) I have 100% natural hair. I alternate between weaves, braids and wearing my natural hair out. When I am natural I try to stick to a LOC regimen with a deep condition(Ms. Jessie's hair recovery)/masque (Shea Moisture) every two weeks but I have to honest and say that I am not always on top of it and move on to the next weave. I did the Porosity test. I have low porosity. I notice that my hair responds well to deep conditioning treatment when I sit under a steamer with the conditioner. I think I did the Elasticity test properly and I seem to not have a problem there. Don't know much about the breakage but I do know that relaxed or natural, my hair tends to fall on the edges. So what can you do or recommend that is quick and easy for a clueless, and quite honestly, lazy naturalist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Oyinda, I will e-mail you a list so you can set up your package.

      Delete