Thursday 22 November 2012

Winterising my Regimen For Winter

Hey Y'all
So winter is definitely here and I have to winterize my regimen to ensure my hair stays healthy in this cold months to come. I usually change my regimen by changing how I wear my hair and some of the prodcts I use, so here is a quick post on my winter regimen additions:




Winter Changes

 

  1.  Pre-poo: In addition to my normal wash day routine, I add a mixture of oils to my hair before I shampoo, I find that in winter my hair sheds a bit more so I often add Garlic to this mixture.
  2. Styling: I wear my hair in a bun, an up-do or I try to hide my length by wearing my hair in tighter curls from a flexi-rod set. 
  3. Air-Drying: Even though it's colder I still air dry my hair, once I am done rinsing I sit in a t-shirt for about an hour to remove the excess water. Then I follow up with a leave-in AND a moisturiser before I detangle. I seal with an extra Virgin Coconut Oil
  4.  Baggy Method: Place my damp unsealed ends in a small plastic bag twice a week
  5. Products: I use most of the products from my regular regimen (insert link), but here are the changes

  • Oils; I use Extra Virgin Coconut oil instead of Castor oil to seal my hair; I make this change because EVCO in cold weather is solid and it should harden on my strands and help to protect my hair from the elements in this weather. It also easier to apply than castor oil because in its liquid form it is lighter. I put Cator Oil on my edges to protect my hair from the strain of bunning.

  • Deep-Conditioner; From last-week's post  you may see I have started using a store-bought DC, I now use the TREsemme Keratin Smooth Masque.


P.S. For the Winter Months stay away from humectants or products that contain glycerin, because the air is dry, there is no moisture for humectants to draw from.

Keep your tips tucked away by wearing protective styles or satin lined hats or beanies

Make sure your hair is fully dried before you go out in the winter.

Click here to see my Winter Regimen

1 comment:

  1. i currently use herbal essences hello hydration
    but I need slip I really do and this just doesnt give slip
    What conditioner do u suggest that has slip without silicon?.
    I wonder if it’s at all possible to have slip in a product without silicon?
    Someone should invent something lol
    i am based in the UK too

    ReplyDelete