Thursday 22 November 2012

My Winter Regimen


For the winter, I focus on keeping my hair hydrated through washing, co washing, moisturising and sealing

Washing


2ce a week I Wash my hair with VO5 "Give me Moisture" conditioner and follow up with my TREsemme Keratin Maque.

Every 2nd Sunday I use Shampoo instead of Conditioner to wash my hair;

Wash Days (2 Sundays a Month)

 
  1. "Pre-poo" with a hot oil treatment of " Castor oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and Argan Oil for 15 minutes.
  2. I wash with my Botanics "Intensely Hydrating Shampoo" click here for my review
  3. Deep Condition with Tresemme Keratin Smooth Masque, click here for my review of this product.
  4. Rinse out then use a towel or t-shirt to remove excess water
  5. Put in my leave-in conditioners, Herbal Essences Beautiful ends and Cantu Shea Butter Leave in
  6. Seal my hair with extra virgin coconut oil from root to just about midway, place in a loose bun.
  7. Place my unsealed ends in a small plastic bag and secure with a hair band overnight (baggy method).
  8. Apply castor oil to my edges and wear a scarf overnight.
  9. Apply an edge tamer and seal ends with extra coconut oil the next morning 



Co-Wash Days- 2ce a week
Co-wash with VO5
Then repeat steps 3-8

 

Moisturising and Sealing


Daily

Nights that I don't wash my hair, I moisturise and seal the whole length of my hair, using "Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Split End Protector" as a moisturiser, and Extra Virgin Coconut oil as my sealant.

 

Protein Treatments

I do this every 6 weeks or when my hair needs it, whichever comes first, click her for details on my (protein treatment).

Click here for tips on "Winterising your Hair Regimen"

No comments:

Post a Comment