Monday 24 September 2012

Relaxer Process: Step 3



This is the final step to my "Relaxer Process", it is typical for me to keep my hair straight for more than a week after I relaxed because I know once I wash it I won't be flat ironing it for a while.

Because my hair was not fully flat ironed I did not have any qualms washing my hair sooner than I usually would (2weeks). So Wednesday, I proceeded to Wash and put my last type of protein.

READ MORE

Products

For this last step I used the following products:




Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo (My sulphate free shampoo of choice)

Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak

VO5 "Give me Moisture" (I need to do a review on this product so you can know how awesome it truly is)



Process


  • Washed my hair in 4 sections with the Organix shampoo and rinsed out with warm water, easiest way for me to get through all my hair is doing it in sections (I always use warm water at the beginning of my wash).
  • Applied all of the contents of the pak to my sectioned hair, covered with a plastic bag and left it in my hair for an hour.
  • Rinsed it out with the VO5 conditioner and did a final cold(ish) water rinse.
  • Finally I moisturised, sealed and air-dried my hair in a single plait 


So now that my hair is strengthened and has recovered from the shock of the relaxer, I won't be using any protein for the next couple of weeks. So until I feel my hair needs protein, I will be giving it moisture.

It is starting to get cold and I may wear hair mostly in a bun to protect it from winter and my winter clothes, so before I do I will upload a hair tutorial on how I wear my hair daily when the weather is nice.

So until next time, Happy Hair Growing.....







No comments:

Post a Comment