Wednesday 12 September 2012

Relaxer Process: Step 2



If you haven't read Step 1 feel free to peruse it here before/after you read this post. I follow these steps to reduce the breakage a relaxer can cause.

So step 2 doesn't focus on the actual relaxing as this time I got my hair relaxed at the salon, it just gives some tips on how you can reduce damage on your relaxer day

READ MORE


I relaxed my hair on Saturday and although I need to trim my tips, I definitely retained a lot of the growth. When I relax my hair I don't usually go for bone straight hair, I still like for my hair to have some texture as I hardly ever wear my hair super straight. For anyone who wants extremely straight hair you can blow dry and stretch out the roots during step 1 ( instead of air-drying).








Day of Relaxer


  • This goes without saying but ensure you base your scalp and hairline so you don't get burnt
  • To avoid over-lapping you can cover your RELAXED hair with a neutralising shampoo, and this will reduce the over-processing (especially helpful if you are self-relaxing since you can't see all of your head)
  • After your relaxer wash with a neutralising shampoo (this is obvious I know)
  • Finally after you have washed out the relaxer apply a light protein deep conditioner and a moisturising conditioner (you can apply this one after the other or get a mix that can do both).



Deep Condtitioner Suggestions

Roux Porosity Control Conditioner: I suggest you use this right after you have shampooed your hair with the neutralising shampoo, you can either mix it in your deep conditioner of choice or leave it in your hair, rinse out and then apply your deep conditioner.

Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise: This can serve as a combined protein and moisture treatment especially if you are in a hurry! With this you can skip the moisture deep conditioner. My hair feels very soft after using this product.

Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak: This will add both protein and moisture to your hair and can be used without an extra moisture conditioner.


I used the Roux porosity conditioner and I plan to use one of the other 2 next week when I wash my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment